March Madness!

Service hours this month: 0

Total Hours: 4

 Well basketball isn't the only thing that causes madness in March, pharmacology does too! This month has been filled with so many tests and back-to-back presentations that it was hard to keep track of what's coming next! On top of studying for a Med Pharm exam at the beginning of the month, I had two presentations in the same week for Endocrine and Neurology.  I found myself feeling overwhelmed at times and just needed to figure things out for myself on how to keep track of everything. I gave myself the biggest prep talk, found my center and just kept pushing because I knew that this is something that I can accomplish. My presentations turned out great and it was an awesome opportunity to educate my peers. I found that this was a teachable moment for me, it allowed me the opportunity to strengthen my study habits as well as prioritize what's important in the moment. 

            March is also the month where all of the Pharmacology students are studying for the  NBME. This exam is our final exam and based on all the information and drugs we have learned throughout the entire year.  This exam is the most important exam for us and the scores from this exam are even compared to the second-year medical students. To describe the stress of the class, “We’re all freaking out!” But again, it’s a teachable moment. It’s a moment to remind ourselves that we can do this and to be confident in the studying and practicing. Studying for the exam is an arduous task, but I know that all of my professors have given me the tools to master it!  Wish us good luck! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Goodbye, It's I'll See You Later!

This February, everywhere it was just a Tuesday

What a time to be thankful